Maren Morris Says She Doesn’t ‘Feel Comfortable’ Going to the CMAs

featured image

Picture: Steve Jennings/Getty Photographs

Maren Morris’ Humble Quest has been nominated for album of the yr on the 2022 Nation Music Affiliation Awards. However Morris continues to be on the fence about attending. Morris has been beefing with the extra conservative parts of nation music ever since Brittany Aldean made what have been seen as TERF-baity statements on Instagram. “I’d actually wish to thank my mother and father for not altering my gender once I went via my tomboy section,” she captioned a video. “I like this girly life.” Morris and fellow singer Cassadee Pope talked over the put up on Twitter, with Morris writing “It’s really easy to, like, not be a scumbag human? Promote your clip-ins and zip it, Rebel Barbie.” Ever since, Morris has been the main focus of proper wing ire, getting her personal seg on Tucker Carlson and entering into it with Candace Owens. (Morris caught wind of the Tucker Carlson second by way of a bunch thread with the Brothers Osborne and Kacey Musgraves.) Now Morris is feeling separated from sure sectors of nation music.

“Actually, I haven’t determined if I’m gonna go. I’m very honored that my document is nominated. However I don’t know if I really feel [at] residence there proper now,” she instructed the Los Angeles Instances. “So many individuals I like shall be in that room, and possibly I’ll make a game-time resolution and go. However as of proper now, I don’t really feel snug going.” Morris went on to say that she felt unhappy attending the ceremony final yr. “. Some nights are enjoyable. Others I’m simply crawling out of my pores and skin,” she stated. “I’m not good at these occasions as a result of I’m awkward. However this time I type of really feel peaceable on the notion of not going.”

Source


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url