How divorcing Fred Amata affected me, our children – Agatha

featured image

Seventeen years after her marriage to actor Fred Amata ended, media entrepreneur and discuss present host, Agatha Amata, says individuals nonetheless pray they reconcile.

Ms Amata, the CEO of RaveTV Lagos and Pattern FM100.9, Asaba, divorced the well-known actor in 2005.

That they had two kids, Oreva and Stephanie.

Three years after their divorce, her ex-husband welcomed a daughter, Zino, with actress and ex-beauty queen, Ibinabo Fiberisima, in London.

Ms Amata turned well-known for her discuss present, ‘Inside Out with Agatha’, which is alleged to be the longest-running tv discuss present in Nigeria, airing for over twenty years.

In an interview with Chude Jideonwo on the present #WithChude, Ms Amata opened up about single motherhood and the way she dealt with the divorce, amongst different points.

Getting again collectively

Ms Amata said that, up to now, some individuals nonetheless want that she reunited together with her ex-husband.

She stated individuals requested her to get again along with the veteran actor and forsake a few of her kids.

Agatha Amata

“Some individuals nonetheless say that they pray Fred and I’ll get again collectively. I meet these individuals day by day.

TEXEM Advert

“I do know that everyone needs you nicely, however I all the time say to individuals, you may’t anticipate me higher than I need myself. So if on my wedding ceremony day, as I used to be dancing and rejoicing, I definitely had no plans to depart the wedding.”

Ms Amata, a graduate of Botany from the College of Jos, additionally stated that no one of their proper thoughts will get married with the hopes of getting a divorce.

“Let me say clearly, an sad house can by no means breed pleased kids.

Ibinabo, Fred Amata and their daughter, Zino

“It’s not doable. If something, it’ll injure these kids and their outlook and their strategy to marriage. One of the best you are able to do is for each of you to attempt to stay associates, as troublesome as it might be, which is what I attempted to do,” she stated.

Amata’s ex-wife

Acknowledging that the wedding didn’t work, the CEO, who retained her ex-husband’s surname, stated she wouldn’t beat herself about it for the remainder of her life.

Agatha Amata

I needed to acknowledge that there’s no method they’d point out Fred Amata, that they received’t say Agatha Amata as a result of I’ve two kids for him, and I married him.


READ ALSO: Why ‘divorce fee amongst younger couples is excessive’ – Official


“Amata’s ex-wife. That’s the introduction. It doesn’t matter what. I’m certain that even when I remarry and so they wish to introduce me, they may say ‘the previous spouse of…’.”

Ms Amata, who grew up partly in Kano, stated she has come to embrace it, acknowledge it and work with it.

Single motherhood

Talking on the present, the 53-year-old media entrepreneur revealed that she put sure features of her life on maintain to concentrate on elevating her kids.

She stated she had no associates as all the things about her life turned about her kids.

Agatha Amata and her kids Oreva and Stephanie

She stated, “I ended all the things and centered on my kids. For those who go searching, even in my workplace, their mattress was there.

“Even once I despatched them overseas to check, each month I used to be of their faculty. If they’d Dad and mom Day, I used to be there. That they had something they needed to do, and I used to be there.”


Assist PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism prices some huge cash. But solely good journalism can guarantee the opportunity of a very good society, an accountable democracy, and a clear authorities.

For continued free entry to one of the best investigative journalism within the nation we ask you to contemplate making a modest help to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you’re serving to to maintain a journalism of relevance and making certain it stays free and out there to all.

Donate



TEXT AD: Name Willie – +2348098788999






PT Mag Campaign AD

Source

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url